Belgium is an excellent base for companies wishing to invest in research and development (R&D) while looking to exploit intellectual property rights. But what is the best approach from a tax perspective?
Find out more by watching the recording of our R&D webinar, which covers insights into a number of important changes and evolutions from our experts, and also focuses on three main Belgian tax incentives:
- the partial wage withholding tax exemption for researchers,
- the increased investment deduction / R&D tax credit, and
- the innovation income deduction.
The Highlights of this webinar
- In light of the recent increasing number of tax audits and the strict approaches and positions applied by the Belgian administration, the webinar recording offers an overview of the most important arguments of the administration and our position with regard to the partial wage withholding tax exemption for researchers.
- Don’t forget that the investment deduction and certificate need to be requested by 31 March 2021 at the latest.
- Our guest speaker Matthieu Bataille, from the Ruling Commission, also talks about the new innovation income deduction, which is confirmed to replace the patent income deduction as from 1 July 2021. He also shares his practical experience in concluding Rulings in this respect.
- Last but not least, don’t miss out on the closing remarks, which wrap up the session with some final considerations, tips and tricks on planning your next steps.
Meet our experts