Azerbaijan, the oldest known oil producing region in the world, experienced an oil boom at the beginning of the 20th century Oil and gas development and export is central to Azerbaijan’s economic growth and the country is one of Caspian region’s most important strategic export openings to the West. With the startup of the Shah Deniz natural gas and condensate field in late 2006, Azerbaijan became a natural gas net exporter.
As growing demand puts increasing pressure on existing oil & gas reserves, responding to challenges becomes more vital. Among such challenges are:
- aging oil & gas fields;
- implementation of modern energy technology;
- need for investment into improving and expanding oil & gas production and pipeline systems.
Our professionals can help oil & gas groups deal with the challenges in a timely and effective manner. We offer a range of services relevant to the needs of the oil & gas industry, including:
- financial statement audit and accounting advice;
- information technology assurance and advisory;
- tax compliance and advisory (corporate, indirect, expatriate);
- R&D concessions;
- capital and operating expenditure monitoring;
- corporate governance support;
- forensic support and dispute advisory services;
- business process improvement;
- internal audit, risk and control services;
- capital structure efficiency and debt advisory;
- transaction opportunity identification and negotiation support;
- financial due diligence and tax structuring advice;
- integration advicecorporate finance and valuations.