The investment in project governance, technology and people hasn’t kept pace with the rapidly growing investment in infrastructure assets. This puts productivity, profitability and project delivery at risk.
Our extensive experience means we can create project controls to analyse, assess and manage risk in all major projects. Robust governance, project controls, data-based solutions and new digital technologies help to manage risk but also improve productivity.
How KPMG can help
We offer services in the following areas:
Project Assurance & Governance
- Financial (Alliance) auditor, contract compliance and assurance for reimbursable, collaborative and incentivised project delivery contracts.
- Financial analysis, establishment, benchmarking and audit of contract margins, contract claims and processes.
- Independent peer review / due diligence of project development / cost and time to complete / delivery and health checks.
- Project Controls Maturity Assessment, including efficiency benchmarking.
- Independent project schedule health check, against contract, structure and integrity requirements.
- Design and implement project and program governance and assurance, frameworks, policies, procedures and processes for portfolio/programs/project development and delivery.
- Audits of project processes efficiency, better practice and compliance.
- Projects benefits delivery monitoring and assurance.
Integrated Project Controls
- End to end capital cost estimation, cost planning and Independent Estimator (IE) for design, procurement and delivery phases of the lifecycle.
- End to end project planning and scheduling from design through to construction and commissioning.
- Qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, e.g. Quantitative Schedule and Cost Risk Analysis (QSRA and QCRA) during design, procurement and delivery phases.
- Cost and schedule contingency determination, allocation and control.
- Joint Confidence Level (JCL) assessment – an integrated uncertainty analysis of project cost and schedule.
- Change Control, to identify and assess change (for schedule, cost and risk impacts) and managing changes.
- Project Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) management.
- Design and implementation of data analytics and project reporting systems.
- Quantum and Delay Claims Analysis and support.
Project Management Office (PMO)
- Design, implement and operate PMO processes for major capital project development and delivery.
- Design and implement EPMO portfolio management, project prioritisation and gating processes and capital allocation processes for growth and sustainment projects.
- Design and implement project controls systems and platforms for cost, schedule risk, change control, reporting and integration.
- Design, implement and operate cost control, schedule control and risk management and change control during development and project delivery.
- Design, implement and operate contract administration and contract management.
- Design, implement and deliver organisational, cost, schedule and risk project performance and benefits reporting and dashboards.
- PMO performance maturity assessment, benchmarking and better practice review.
The KPMG difference
Our integrated project advisory services use data-driven tools and methodologies to increases the probability of success at every stage of the project and asset lifecycle.
The Project Controls & Assurance team combines a wide range of technical and professional skills, including:
- Contract and commercial managers
- Planners and schedulers
- Cost and project controllers
- Risk engineers
- Building Information Modelling experts
- Construction management professionals
- Quantity surveyors
Get in touch
We're here to help. Reach out to talk about how we can support your infrastructure project.
Infrastructure at KPMG
Our latest insights
Thought leadership, research and project experience relevant to Project Controls & Assurance.
Four leaders share their views on the lessons, challenges, risks and opportunities when planning an energy project.
Four leaders share their views on the lessons, challenges, risks and opportunities.