Direct Tax Data Analytics
Direct Tax Data Analytics
KPMG’s TIS Direct Tax tool (TIS Direct) enables businesses to gain a clear and deep understanding of their organisation. Focusing on the tax compliance cycle, data analytics help identify anomalies within the tax data enabling effective reaction to issues, and allows the tax function to play a more effective part in the business.
Technology-driven disruption, along with ever-increasing volume of data is transforming the role on the tax function. Increasingly tax functions are expected to provide executives with holistic oversight of the group’s tax performance on a local and global level. The large volumes of data involved in such organisations are difficult to decipher, often only digestible in lengthily excel documents which are at risk of manipulation and misinterpretation.
KPMG’s TIS Direct is designed to make this reporting simple.
Imaging have visibility of this data in a clear, quick and insightful way to understand the tax position and associated risks of the group. KPMG’s TIS Direct can provide valuable insight on a local and global level, ease your tax decision making and reduce time spent untangling valuable information.
Questions to ask of your direct tax data:
- Am I entirely aware of the MNE’s tax costs and benefits on a global scale?
- When did I last review the total of my intra-group funding to identify any sub-optimal lending?
- Is it possible that my MNE has an unknown taxable presence in a jurisdiction?
- Is my organisation undertaking activities that might curtail the availability and use of tax losses and tax credits?
- When could I last review all intercompany transactions on an entity and country basis?
What insights can TIS Direct provide?
- Identify main tax attributes and risks across the organisation's global footprint: Executives can gain oversight of the entire group with the ability to drill down into entities and relationships.
- Effective tax rate and cash tax rate: Gain a deep understanding of where tax costs and benefits differ from the statutory rates throughout the group and global presence.
- Cash management optimisation intragroup loans: Identifying mismatches between the tax rate of deductions for interest as against assessable income, to draw attention to sub-optimal intra-group funding.
- Permanent establishment risk: Review the risk profile of locations to determine any likely unknown taxable presence.
KPMG Australia acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we operate, live and gather as employees, and recognise their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
©2023 KPMG, an Australian partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved. The KPMG name and logo are trademarks used under license by the independent member firms of the KPMG global organisation.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organisation please visit https://kpmg.com/governance.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia
Save, Curate and Share
Save what resonates, curate a library of information, and share content with your network of contacts.