Project Risk Consulting careers
Project Risk Consulting
Careers for graduates: Learn how to help clients manage risk in large infrastructure projects.
Learn how to help clients manage risk in large infrastructure projects.
In a nutshell, what does your business group/service line do?
The Project Risk Consulting team help clients to manage risk in large infrastructure projects through effective project controls in the areas of cost, risk and schedule. This allows our team to assist clients in choosing the right projects, maximising project benefits, effectively and appropriately controlling project risks associated with time and cost, and using project data to drive project performance and outcomes. As a team we use our deep experience, global benchmarking and best practice tools to enhance infrastructure project delivery, reducing risk and cost.
What does the average day look like?
In PRC, no two days are the same! Our current clients are in the transport, defence and energy and resources sectors, over a diverse range of projects, and are located in capital cities, as well as regional towns. On an average day you will likely:
- Discuss the priorities for the day ahead over a coffee with your team.
- Work through the technical aspects of your current engagement. This could involve creating a cost estimating model for an upgrade to an electrical network, assessing the construction schedule of a new rail line, or acting as an advisor for new governance frameworks for Defence.
- Meet with the client to discuss progress, findings and how best we can help them solve new challenges moving forward.
What will I learn in the first year?
In your first year you’ll work closely with cost estimation, scheduling and risk management experts, learning the ins-and-outs of the tools and practices we use to help our clients effectively manage their projects. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with state and federal government departments, as well as private sector clients, to gain an insight into what makes our country tick, all the while building communication, leadership and relationship management skills.
What’s the best part of the role?
The opportunity to simultaneously home technical and soft skills, with the support of a vibrant and diverse team of industry experts.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia