Engineering & Asset Management careers
Engineering & Asset Management
Careers for graduates: learn about solving complex asset related problems across multiple sectors.
Careers for graduates: learn about solving complex asset related problems.
In a nutshell, what does your business group/service line do?
We have a diverse team which includes engineers, scientists and architects. We draw on all of their skills to solve complex asset management and business related problems across multiple sectors like water, power, transport and defence. Our people work on projects which vary from high-level strategy through to operational analytics. A lot of what we do is about supporting asset intensive utilities to help these organisations understand where they want to be and how they are going to get there. This could mean working with them to understand how they can take advantage of rapidly changing digital technologies and developing a roadmap for implementing bleeding edge solutions. Other examples of projects we work on includes:
- using our project management expertise to support the delivery of large-scale infrastructure projects from sports’ stadiums through to defence projects
- working with industry groups to develop Thought Leadership on leading practice decision making approaches
- developing reliability models to enable organisations to understand the condition of large and varied asset portfolios
- developing maintenance strategies using reliability centred maintenance to improve how organisations manage the cost, risk and performance of critical assets throughout their operational life
What does the average day look like?
An average day in Engineering and Asset Management could mean engaging with clients to understand their challenges, speaking to colleagues across Australia or the world to understand what leading practice looks like, or working with team mates to get a deliverable out. No two days are the same as we are always working on unique and complex client problems.
What will I learn in the first year?
In your first year you will be exposed to leading practice asset management across a range of sectors. You will learn how to engage with clients to understand their needs, articulate our value offering through proposal development and then work in a team to deliver on our promises.
What’s the best part of the role?
We are proud of what we do and the value we deliver to our clients but there’s no question the best part of the role is the opportunity to work with such diverse, enthusiastic and capable people. We work hard, foster an inclusive culture and value team work.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia