Debt Advisory Services careers
Debt Advisory Services
Careers for graduates: learn how to analyse, structure and execute across the spectrum of debt products.
Learn how to analyse, structure and execute across the spectrum of debt products.
In a nutshell, what does your business group/service line do?
Debt Advisory Services sits within the Deals, Tax & Legal’s Capital Solutions group. The team’s main role is to structure and provide advice to clients across leverage, project and structured finance. The team operates within a wide range of sectors and companies, ranging from large ASX-listed corporates to mid-market private businesses..
Services provided by Debt Advisory include:
- Funding options analysis – Analysing the client’s current and future capital needs and providing a number of funding options that align with their strategic objectives
- Arranging & executing financing – Conducting a fund raising process in the market to ensure the client receives the best terms, funding structure and financing partner based on their target financing structure
- Capital management benchmarking – Analysing a client’s current capital structure and benchmarking that against their industry
- Credit rating analysis – Analysing the client’s business outlook and financial statements to provide an indicative credit rating.
What does the average day look like?
The Debt Advisory team performs a wide range of services, either in conjunction with other Deals, Tax and Legal teams, or as stand-alone projects, meaning every day can be completely different depending on what the team is working on. Typical tasks an analyst will perform include financier presentation materials, financial analysis, financial modelling, client benchmarking, company and industry research, attending client meetings, developing pitch books or proposals and providing general support to the team.
What will I learn in the first year?
You’ll learn a combination of:
- hard skills – i.e. company and industry research, financial analysis, report writing, project finance structures, business development (i.e. proposals and pitch books) and exposure to financial models, and
- soft skills – i.e. working alongside clients with a variety of stakeholders, working in a team, communication, time management, problem solving, presentation skills and refining your overall professionalism.
Some other skills you will learn:
- financial modelling
- research techniques and statistical analysis.
What’s the best part of the role?
The best part of this role is the broad technical skills and sector exposure you will get in a very short amount of time. The Debt Advisory Services team has a strong culture of collaboration, development and teamwork, so from day one you can expect to be heavily involved and well looked after in terms of personal career development.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia