Deal Advisory careers
Careers for graduates: learn how to analyse, structure and execute across the spectrum of debt products.
Learn how to analyse, structure and execute across the spectrum of debt products.
In a nutshell, what does your business group/service line do?
Deal Advisory combines deep sector knowledge, superior analytic tools and a global mind-set with local expertise to help its clients achieve results. Our integrated team of specialists provide a seamless offering running from strategy through to execution, helping clients navigate complex and fragmented processes to stay out in front of the issues and make their decisions count.
Deal Advisory services include:
- Debt Advisory Services
- Infrastructure & Projects
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Property & Environmental Services
- Restructuring Services
- Transaction Services
What does the average day look like?
The work can be so varied that it is difficult to describe an average day, although typical tasks that can be expected of an analyst include performing research and financial analysis, attending meetings with clients, writing reports, performing company valuations, developing pitch books or proposals and in general providing support and receiving tasks from your team. All of the groups work closely together, so working as part of a broader team, as well as working in smaller groups, is central to everything we do.
What will I learn in the first year?
You’ll learn a combination of:
- hard skills: i.e. company and industry research, valuation, financial analysis, project management, report writing, business development (i.e. proposals and pitch books) and exposure to financial models, and
- soft skills i.e. working in a team, communication, time management, problem solving, presentation skills and refining your overall professionalism.
Some other skills you will learn:
- Excel and financial modelling
- valuation techniques and approaches
- financial reporting
- research techniques and statistical analysis.
What’s the best part of the role?
The best part this role is the broad technical and sector exposure that you get in a very short amount of time – learning from smart, passionate people and working on high profile transactions that can have a meaningful impact.