On 12th August, 2022, Dubai Customs introduced a new service, Submit Self-Audit Findings, to companies and individuals in the UAE.
Summary of the new service
This new service enables companies and individuals to apply for voluntary disclosures for all errors and omissions occurred during drafting and submitting the customs declaration.
- This service will be available to registered companies and individuals
- It can be applied anytime after the clearance of goods
- Re-submission is allowed after completing all requirements
- Submission will not be accepted if the company is under customs audit, or a customs audit notice is received by Dubai Customs.
Findings and the way forward
- The findings in a self-audit could be related to the use of a wrong HS code, the wrong description of goods, and understatement or overstatement of customs value.
- By submitting self-audit findings, not only will errors be corrected, but this will also relieve the company from penalties applicable under a customs audit.
The new service is already available on Dubai Customs and Dubai Trade Portals.
We will be happy to discuss the implications, potential solutions, and the required next steps for your specific scenario. Please get in touch with your usual KPMG contact or any of the contacts below.