The reconsideration request service is now available through the e-services portal instead of the FTA’s main website.
The amendments are effective from 19 November 2021.
Summary of changes
Taxpayers shall now submit penalty reconsideration requests, if needed, through the e-services portal, instead of the official FTA website. Taxpayers shall follow the below steps to submit penalty reconsideration requests:
For users registered for VAT purposes:
1) Login to the e-services portal
2) Click on “Reconsideration” to access the reconsiderations dashboard
3) Click on the “Registered Reconsideration” tab
4) Click on “New Reconsideration Request”
5) Fill in the form, attach the required documents, and submit the form
For users not registered for VAT purposes:
1) Create an e-services account with the FTA
2) Verify your e-services account
3) Login to your e-services account
4) Create a new taxable person account by clicking on “Add New Taxable Person”
5) Click on “Reconsideration” to access the reconsiderations dashboard
6) Click on the “Non-Registered Reconsideration” tab
7) Click on “New Reconsideration Request”
8) Fill in the form, attach the required documents and submit the form
The FTA confirmed that these amendments are part of a series of planned developments in relation to the tax legislation and procedures as well as to their systems and processes.
KPMG has a team of experienced tax specialists that can help you assess your current tax position, advise on the appropriate tax treatment, prepare clarification or reconsideration requests, or represent you in front of the FTA as registered tax agents.
We are happy to discuss your specific circumstances with you and determine the way forward should you have any questions or concerns in this regard. Please get in touch with your usual KPMG contact or any of the tax professionals below.